We currently hold the 'Silver' award by 'Sapere' here at Leesland are currently working towards our Gold!
This means that as a school:
- Children work using the 4C model, contributing to and reviewing class ground rules regularly.
- Children understand the philosophical enquiry process and take part in activities to develop P4C skills.
- Children increasingly recognise and use the language of enquiry, and caring, collaborative behaviour.
- Children are increasingly confident in identifying and asking open philosophical questions.
- Children are able to give reasons to support a view.
- Children are able to use an example or evidence to support or challenge a view.
- Children are beginning to connect ideas and use reasoning across the curriculum.
- Children are able to identify big ideas/concepts in their questions